1. Confirmation of this estimate in writing, stating pattern numbers and colours, is necessary before proceeding.
2. Whilst every effort is made to deliver and to fit to the customer's satisfaction, delivery priorities are approximate only and failure to deliver on the stated date or at specific time shall not render us liable for damages, lost time or any other consequential loss.
3. Prices are based on continuity of work laying in clear areas (shifting furniture and equipment may be charged extra) and normal working hours. To facilitate speedy and efficient fitting, rooms to be fitted must be cleared of furniture, effects and old carpet prior to the fitter's arrival. The cost of such clearances is not included in our quotation,
4. Whilst every effort is made to ensure satisfaction, exact colour / design matching cannot be guaranteed between different widths of carpet due to manufacturing tolerances over which we have no control. Furthermore, exact matching cannot be guaranteed between the carpet supplied and the sample displayed in the store.
5. Floors must be quite even of surface, completely free from damp (surface or latent) and in good condition to take our materials. Unless stated, prices do not include any preparation which may be necessary in order to make the floor suitable for laying our material.
6. Plain carpet is subject to shading with use due to pile pressure. This is characteristic of this type of carpet and does not affect the durability of the carpet.
7. We will not be liable for any defect, which may arise due to: (a) dry rot from whatever cause,
(b) any defect in the subfloor, or
(c) the presence of moisture arising out of the subfloor under our adhesive. This applies particularly to basements etc., and to all concrete or similar floors laid without an air space below, or without a first-class damp course. In such cases, we recommend a top layer of rock asphalt in place of the usual cement screed, or alternatively a layer of bitumen sandwiched between concrete subfloor and the cement screed.
8. Where electric current is required for lighting or power, this is to be supplied free of charge.
9. It is the customer's responsibility to us in writing, of the location of any pipes or cables which might be damaged during the fitting. No responsibility can be accepted for damage to underfloor pipes or cables, or for consequential damage to properly or fittings unless written notification has been given as stated above.
10. Any claim for shortage or damage is to be notified both to us and / or the carrier in writing within three days of delivery. The risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery, notwithstanding delivery, the ownership of the goods does not pass to the customer until he has paid in full and until such payment is made. The customer shall hold the goods and any proceeds of the sale of the goods and any right arising from any sale thereof as bails for the Company, and the company shall have the right with or without prior notice at any time to re-take possession of the whole or any part of the goods and for that purpose to go upon any premises occupied by the customer without prejudice to any other remedy of the Company,
11. As all goods are specially cut and shaped for each order, thus cancellations of orders, in whole or part, cannot be accepted by us under any circumstances.
12. We accept no responsibility for delay due to strikes, lockouts, fires or any other circumstances not under our control.
13. Payment is to be made in accordance with the terms stated on the estimate, interest may be charged at the rate of 2% per month on accounts which remain unpaid 30 days after the due date.
14. 85% deposit is required before the carpet is placed on order. The balance is due immediately upon completion of work. Any order under £1500 plus VAT must be paid in full before ordering. We reserve the right to request payment in full for urgently required fitting / delivery.
15. The company shall not be liable to any consequential loss arising as a result of any negligence or misfeasance of its employees, and in the event of such negligence of misfeasance, the damages for which the company is liable shall not exceed the sum of £1,000,000.
16. Whilst every effort is made to complete work to the customer's total satisfaction, adaptations are undertaken at the customer's own risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Company.
17. We regret that our quotation does not include any door adjustment as we do not offer a carpenter service. A contact name, however, can be supplied if requested.
18. Goods sold EO.B. are the responsibility of the seller or his Agent. The Company's responsibility shall cease immediately the goods are placed on board Ship, and the seller or his agent shall be under no obligation to give the buyer notice specified in section 32(3) of the Sales of Goods Act 1893.
19. Colour matching cannot be guaranteed with Natural Fiber Mattings. Natural Fiber products are not recommended for heavy-duty areas.
20. Please retain this quotation for reference should any queries arise in the future. We thank you for your order and assure you of our best attention always.